One of the things I have been working on for a VERY LONG TIME is sorting out what I call "the F-16 silhouette series." I loosely define it as "all of those non-unit marked scarves with F-16 silhouettes in various color combinations."
Here are some foreign examples of what they look like.
At this point, I think I have a pretty good handle on the USAF-worn scarves by the two major US-based manufactures (Rama World and Emblem King). There is also another manufacturer who I recognize their work, but I don't know who they are.
The USAF component of this series is difficult to differentiate in itself, but it is further complicated because both of these companies also produced scarves for foreign units. If that doesn't make it hard enough, there were also foreign companies that produced similar scarves for their air force units.
- Find ways to differentiate the various manufactures.
- Record the color combinations worn by various units.
- Meticulously determine the specifications of the scarves that can be tied to various units.
So, in a nutshell, I'm trying to now figure out which US-made F-16 silhouette scarves were worn by foreign units and if any foreign-produced F-16 silhouette scarves were worn by USAF units.
So, if you have some scarves like this, I need your help or maybe I can help you.
- I'm interested in documenting USAF examples.
- I have some unknowns that maybe you have a match for. (Look at the F-16 section here)
- I have some known foreign scarves that I would like to match to their unit.
Please send me a note and I would be very glad to hear from you. email@example.com